To ensure the day to day running of the Supported House and provide support to the Service Users, resident in the House.
Job Title: Support Worker
Project and Location: Moneymore Road, Magherafelt
Reports to: Project Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, as per rota, to include evenings and weekends.
Salary: £18,180 - £19,823 per annum
Holidays: Based on 21 days per annum plus 12 Public Holidays.
Main Purpose of Job: To ensure the day to day running of the Supported House and provide support to the Service Users, resident in the House.
Main Job Tasks
- To carry out all duties as required of a key worker role (eg) completing Support Plans, reviewing and updating risk assessments
- To advise and provide practical assistance to Service Users in budgeting, shopping, cooking, cleaning and all aspects of developing independent living skills
- To assist Service Users to find, secure and move on to permanent, more independent accommodation
- Take Young People to appointments when required
- To facilitate weekly Service User meetings as required
- To promote Service User involvement and active participation in the Project at all times including the decisions being made about themselves
- To advocate for Service Users re: rights & entitlements when agreed/required
- To be available to work at times appropriate to the changing needs of the Service Users and to ensure the efficient use of staff resources. This will include (on occasion) working outside normal hours
- Work with challenging behavior and through effective support planning / with advice and guidance from your manager, develop interventions/ways of working
- Maintain accurate, up to date records and checklists in relation to all work activity as requested by Project Manager/Senior Support Worker
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as set down by BCM and comply with the standards for Social Care Staff as set down by the Northern Ireland Social Care Council – this includes the maintenance of your NISCC registration on an annual basis
- Adhere to standards set down by RQIA and Supporting Peoples Quality Assessment framework
- Ensure that you adhere to the organisation’s Health & Safety Policy to ensure your/the service users – health and well-being at all times
- Be actively involved in maintaining premises, including cleaning
- Attend staff/team meetings and participate in all learning and development activity pertaining to the post and as required by management
- Establish and maintain effective communication with social work teams, NIHE staff & other support agencies in the community
- Duties allocated by the Project Manager in his/her absence (eg) assist in the assessment / induction of a Young Person
- Ensure that each job task you undertake reflects BCM’S core values of Respect, Integrity, Person-Centred, Excellence
- BCM has a large number of Volunteer’s across the organisation and the Support Worker will work alongside these volunteers and provide the necessary assistance/support when required
Please click here to view full job description
Closing date: 14th December 2017
The above list is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to undertake additional tasks which the organization deems to be within your area or training, expertise and/or experience.
Access NI:This post requires that a check must be carried out under the requirements off Access NI Enhanced Disclosure. This will involve a full criminal records check which will show spent and unspent convictions, cautions, cases pending and any other relevant information.