Excellent opportunity for a Staff Nurse based in Lurgan.
Company: MD Healthcare Ltd
Accountable to: Nurse Manager
Reporting to: Sister/Charge Nurse
Location(s): Aughnacloy House, Lurgan
Hours: Full-Time, Part-Time and Bank
Hourly Rate / Salary / Allowances: £17.00 per hour
Annual Leave: 5.6 weeks pro rata
Main Function of the Job:
- To provide a high standard of Nursing Care
- Plan and implement programmes of care in agreement with clients and carers.
- Ensure all records are kept as per company and legislative guidelines.
- Direct ancillary staff in the provision of a high standard of care and assist with personal care duties as appropriate.
- Assist with staff training.
- Comply with company policy in promoting Primary Nursing.
- Ensure all company policies are adhered to, including Health & Safety and Manual Handling.
- Maintain good channels of communication with resident families, Multi-disciplinary team and others as appropriate.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Adhere to NMC Code of Professional Practice, keep abreast of nursing developments and pursue continuous professional development.
- Participate in staff appraisal as applicable.
- Follow company policy for action to be taken in the absence of Manager.
- The duties and responsibilities outlined are not meant to be definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs.
- The company is committed to providing the highest possible quality of service and employees are expected to treat those with whom they come into contact in a caring, courteous and respectful manner at all times.
- Registered Nurse on Part 1 of the NMC Register – RGN or RMN (Adult)
- At least 3 months post registration experience in elderly care.
- Understanding of Roper Logan Tierney (Activities of Living).
- Experience using the Primary Nursing concept.
Download full Job Description
Download Person Specification
Alternatively phone Karen on 028 91 801199 for an application pack quoting job title.
Closing Date: Friday 28th December 2017
The Company operates a No Smoking Policy
CV’S are not accepted
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer