With management support, the post holder will ensure the effective day-to-day supervision of the shop by carrying out agreed procedures and routines which promote the development of shop profitability while at all times supporting the general ethos of Northern Ireland Hospice.
Hours: 22.5-37.5 hours per week - negotiable (Including Saturdays, with remaining hours worked between Monday and Friday and flexibility to extend weekly hours if required to do so).
Location: NI Hospice Shop, Glengormley
Reports To: Shop Manager/Area Manager
Band: Based on Band 2 (£14,681 - £16,955) per annum pro rata
- Strive to maximise the sales of Donated Goods and Christmas cards in order to achieve agreed sales budgets.
- Ensure that appropriate systems and procedures are maintained so that all donated goods are sorted, dated, priced and prepared according to agreed Hospice Shop processes, always ensuring that the products sold are safe and fit for purpose.
- Maintain regular sources of stock by networking with colleagues, the general public, local community representatives, customers and volunteers.
- Ensure that cash handling procedures are adhered to at all times and that cash generated within shops is deposited at the bank in an effective and timely way to minimise the risk of loss.
- Ensure that the shops are physically and operationally secure at all time by carrying out stringent end of day lock up routines through full utilisation of the systems and equipment available to shop staff, and by practising the controls and disciplines necessary during trading hours to avoid breaches in security.
- Embrace and promote new working practices and technological developments within the retail operation.
- Help to promote and organise special events and promotions in order to capitalise on opportunities presented by the shop localities.
- Ensure that stock control systems (such as culling) are carried out in a routine manner and when requested centrally by the Warehouse or Retail office.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA INCLUDES;
- Relevant clothing retail experience.
Experience of merchandising stock.
Numerate and literate.
Effective interpersonal skills.
Motivated and the ability to transmit motivation to others.
For further information or to apply for this role please download an application pack and job description from the link below or the careers section of our website www.nihospice.org/careers or alternatively contact our HR team via email or telephone 02890 781836.