Service Manager - Mid Ulster - Negotiable salary - Great company to work for
Our client is a market leader in their sector and sell a wide range of tools and equipment to industry throughout Ireland. As part of their continual growth they now wish to appoint a Service Manager.
The Service Manager will put in place and drive effective practices, procedures and controls to ensure that all equipment servicing including warranty work is efficiently co-ordinated in a safe and effective manner. The successful candidate will be mainly based at their head office in Mid Ulster.
Responsibilities –Service Manager:
- Manage a team of workshop and field service engineers
- Manage all warranty related work and follow up documentation
- Determine whether equipment is financially viable to repair
- Work with several departments including Sales Reps to increase efficiencies.
- Manage and motivate a team providing support and coaching when required.
- Ensure workshop are effectively organised and supervised with particular emphasis on safety, adequate tools and work areas should be ensured and maintained
- Support other functions of the business as and when required.
- Responsible for expediting prioritised repair tasks and making alterations to work schedules when priorities change.
- Ensure all documented Service department procedures are followed and all documentation is accurately completed and filed.
The ideal candidate - Service Manager:
- Ideally a mechanical / engineering / mechanic technician background
- At least 3 years supervisory/ management experience in a similar role in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Experienced in supervising / managing people within an engineering, manufacturing or service environment
- Excellent communication skills – able to maintain a working relationship with co-workers
- Excellent planning, organisational skills
- Capacity to think under pressure and react positively
- Team player with a hands-on attitude
- Strong IT skills including all Microsoft packages
- Full driving license.
Please submit a comprehensive CV which should clearly demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria, including your remuneration expectations through the link here. You may call, in strict confidence, 028 3025 2407, Pat O’Kane 07768 262758 for more information and a full Job Description. We are an agency acting for this employer.