The ideal person will join the senior team in Belfast to help establish Belfast as the Center Of Excellence for Engineering and Development.
What we need from a BV UX Professional
- You are an experienced UX practitioner, adept at moving through the different roles and responsibilities for a UXer throughout the product lifecycle.
- You can design low- to high-fidelity prototypes to test MVPs or end-to-end product experiences. Your abilities encompass interaction design, information architecture, and UI design.
- You can pro-actively manage the user experience design and research across consumer and client initiatives within the new cross-channel portfolio. Gather requirements, understand user needs and system/platform constraints. Iterate and collaborate within an Agile environment.
- You can determine the right research method for each point in the product lifecycle; and, plan and execute the research. Translate research into design direction.
- You base experience design decisions on user archetypes and behavioral data, observations and internal data you collect, and prioritized needs established by research.
- You can lead and create project plans, personas, heuristic and/or competitive evaluations, user scenarios, customer journey maps, storyboards/flow diagrams, wireframes, interface specifications, prototypes, and research reports.
Here’s what your job might look like in the beginning:
- Day 1: As part of a new team, your job day 1 is to start working with the team on the vision for what cross-channel opportunities are worth pursuing. You will start with a base product concept.
- Day 30: You and the core team are observing cross-channel consumer behavior to inform what MVPs would test our early hypotheses. You are working on a consumer-facing product, and a client-facing back-office experience.
- Day 60: You and the team are testing an early MVP, while updating executive stakeholders on the direction and status of your early work.
- Day 90: You’d be closing in on an MVP to test with retailers and brands in our client network.
About this Job as a Member of BV UX
- You will lead cross-channel UX design for multiple work streams and across all touchpoints - mobile app, responsive web, authenticated experience, notifications. You will either conduct research on your own, or partner with a Researcher to understand users and test prototypes.
- You will act as a thought leader and member of the core product team defining new products and services, and renewing and optimizing existing products. You will have visibility and accountability to executives investing in this new direction.
- You will collaborate with a product manager, engineering manager, engineering team, business partners, and clients along the way. You will collaborate with a UX team of Designers and Researchers to adapt, expand, and refine a coherent design system and visual language.
- You will lead workshops to develop a vision, brainstorm product ideas, and define an MVP and metrics to validate it.
- You will plan and deliver the interaction design and information architecture for products and services within the cross-channel portfolio - including design for the administrative portal for managing and configuring the product.
- Minimum of 2 years leading UX or as an autonomous UXer.
- Minimum 6 years experience in UX roles.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with user research.
- Advanced knowledge with mobile and touch-enabled device design.
- Knowledge of UX best practices, working with design principles.
- Research like contextual inquiry, usability testing, multi-variate testing.
- Interaction design, information architecture, journey maps, personas.
- You have a thorough understanding of product discovery and the design process.
- You like to collaborate with both product managers and developers in a team setting.
- You are an active collaborator. Because you are self-motivated and self-directing, you enjoy working with a small team of smart, energetic people like yourself. You are also inspirational and influential to all the teams around you.
- You have an exceptional knack for interaction design, and feedback and iteration are critical to your process.
- Your creativity is undeterred by technical challenges. You don't mind figuring out how to code this or fake that; in fact, you kind of like it.
- Experience working in cross-channel retail UX or product design.
- Experience applying Lean Startup.
- Masters degree in design, social or information sciences.
We offer a competitive Salary and benefits package including Bonus, Private Health & Dental, Share Options and much more
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.