Quality Manager (Antrim, Electronics)
Your new company
We're working with our client, manufacturers of electronic devices in the Antrim area in order to recruit a Quality Manager. The position hs arisen due to an internal move.
Your new role
The role will involve managing the development and implementation of Supplier Quality related initiatives through high-level compliance and conformity management, required process improvements, the application of Core Quality Tools and techniques, in order to support and fulfil the requirements of internal and external customers.
- Manage and oversee all Supplier Quality engineering activities to achieve internal and external customer's requirements; establish, meet and track all departmental objectives by leading, allocating and developing team resources.
- Manage department performance by reviewing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), while checking work, tracking progress, enforcing company policy, training and motivating employees.
- Champion individual and team efforts and aid in the development of professionals, to achieve individual leadership/accountability to company goals and objectives.
- Build and communicate action plans, manage them actively and establishes a routine reporting structure within the organization at all levels.
- Supports the team in correct application of the ST Supplier Selection Process, working with Purchasing to select and develop suppliers through regular assessment and plant visitations. Lead and/or participate in proactive and early involvement initiatives.
- Respect the fundamentals of APQP to ensure the flawless launch of new products.
- Ensure permanent supplier efficiency analysis through monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) reviews, in conjunction with the Supplier Quality Manager Europe. Support, develop, implement and close loop on supplier improvement plans.
- Initiate supplier-related problem solving by 8D's, to address non-conformance, delivery problems, warranty cases and/or other performance issues as necessary; drive containment activities, communicate with the relevant internal/external contacts and ensure timely closure and effectiveness.
- Direct contact of Sensata Customers in case of Supplier Non- performance or required Continuous Improvement activities
- Support processing and disposition of supplier non-conformances and initiate supplier charge backs to recover costs associated with poor supplier performance.
- Conduct supplier manufacturing capability assessments as appropriate and develop action plans to close gaps.
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Must have 5+ years' experience within Semiconductor (Automotive or Aerospace) manufacturing
- Must have previous work experience in a Semiconductor manufacturing facility and an understanding of front end (FAB); back end (Packaging) and testing activities
- Knowledge of failure analysis techniques for electronic parts.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in handling non-conforming parts and analysing corrective actions: 8D; 5 Why; Look Across.
- Must have with 3+ years of experience in auditing (VDA 6.3 and/or ISO 9001/ IATF 16949).
- Extensive knowledge of the Core Quality Tools, 8D- 5 Why´s, LEAN manufacturing, Pareto data analysis, etc.
- Flexibility to travel on company business (up to 40% of work time)
- Valid Car driving licence.
What you'll get in return
The business offers a competitive salary and benefits package. As an Investor in People, they are committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all new employees.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.