Excellent opportunity for a Project Manager- Technical Lead based in Belfast
Project Manager- Technical Lead
The Project Manager -Technical Lead will report directly to the Contracts Manager. You will manage a portfolio of projects from receipt of order to completion, ensuring each project meets cost, quality and delivery targets. You will increase profits, interact with customer and internal departments, report KPIs and manage risks and issues. You will technically mentor other team members and drive process improvement.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Act as Technical mentor for Contracts team. Ability to show what good looks like.
- Drive improvement throughout Contracts processes by implementation of poka yoke solutions.
- Act as backfill for Contracts Manager.
- Review customer Purchase Orders and Contracts, working with customers and internal commercial, technical and manufacturing departments to resolve technical issues or risks.
- Create and manage project plans with key milestones, resources requirement, risks and opportunities identified. Ensure all dependencies are identified.
- Manage the timely production of deliverables and management of risks/issues ensuring these are resolved or escalated as appropriate.
- Liaise with customers and internal departments to ensure a high level of effective communication is maintained throughout the project lifecycle and a smooth running of project to target dates.
- Measure and report project performance against budget and KPIs.
- Create and maintain BOMs, technical specs and shipping paperwork (as required).
- Organise and supervise customer Factory Acceptance Tests.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement to the project delivery process.
Experience / Qualifications
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/Electronics/Technology or equivalent experience. Essential
- 3+ years previous project management experience. Essential
- Previous experience in Power and/or O&G sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects, schedules and budgets
- Proficient in using spreadsheets to aid analysis and project planning tools.
Skills / Aptitude:
- Attention to detail.
- Customer focused.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detailed and Analytical orientation with good root cause skills
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment and works well under pressure.
- Self-starter and innovative with proactive approach
- Time management skills, including planning and budgeting.
- Willing to travel to visit customers and other Qualitrol and Fortive facilities.
- Global travel will be an essential part of this role so flexibility is required.
- Location: Belfast
- Reports to: Contracts Manager
- Salary: £35 to £45k
- Office environment
Applications direct to Belfast Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below
Closing date: Tuesday 19th December 2017 at 4.30pm
Only candidates being taken forward to next stage in recruitment process will receive a response.
*Please note that candidates are required to complete the Monitoring Form before submitting details for the role in question*
Qualitrol-Hathaway Instruments Division is an equal opportunities employer.