Responsible for the overall front office activities the post holder will also play a pivotal role in the daily operation of the centre to ensure the smooth running of activity, conference suite and residential bookings.
Post: Office Manager
Location: Belfast Activity Centre
Reports to: Senior Management Team BAC Board
Responsible to: BAC Board
Salary: BAC Pay Scale Grade 4
Duration: 9 Month Maternity Cover
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POST
Responsible for the overall front office activities the post holder will also play a pivotal role in the daily operation of the centre to ensure the smooth running of activity, conference suite and residential bookings ensuring the centre delivers a safe, fun and educational experience to all of our clients. The post holder will also be responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Hold a third level business related qualification or be able to demonstrate appropriate qualifications and or experience at this level.
- Hold a qualification in or be able to demonstrate 2 years' experience of managing staff
- Be able to demonstrate computer literacy on a range of computer programmes including Word, Outlook, Excel, Sage, and PowerPoint.
- Have experience working with clients similar to those the Centre works with and have developed good leadership, training and presentation skills.
- Proven office management experience
- Knowledge and experience of human resources management & accounting
- A driving license entitling the holder to drive a 9-16 seat vehicle (D1 or D1E)
- Possess an in-date professional First Aid Certificate
- Experience of using book-keeping software
- Experience of working within the charity sector
- Responsible for the management of the BAC & Ardaluin Residential Centre diary this involves key tasks such as inputting bookings accurately into our booking system Cinolla and liaising with clients.
- Organising events such as charity abseils, liaising with other charities, venues, allocating staff and working on the day to ensure the smooth running on the event day.
- Ensuring all bookings are invoiced accurately and paid on time (credit control)
- Organising and planning activity programmes
- Monitoring and maintaining office supplies inventory
- Preparation of payroll information for part-time staff, expense claims, petty cash, credit card control and working closely with the accounts clerk to ensure all payments are made.
- Allocating available resources to enable successful task performance
- Ensuring maintenance is carried out on buildings / equipment and vehicles as and when deemed necessary.
- Answering telephone and email queries in a timely manner, handling customer inquiries and complaints
- Attending Board meetings and prepare minutes, report to the CEO, centre manager and board of directors on the centres performance in terms of bookings.
- To assist and implement changes to financial, operational and transactional systems where necessary.
- Manage the maintenance of BAC premises and assets
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
- Manage internal staff relations
- Management of staff holidays and TOIL
- Ensuring filing systems are maintained and current
- Other duties associated with the post at the direction of the Centre Manager and CEO
NB The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are not meant to be definitive or restrictive and will be modified to meet changing needs.
Energetic professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organised, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
- Communication skills
- Problem analysis and assessment
- Judgment and problem solving
- Decision making
- Planning and organizing
- Work and time management
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Delegation of authority and responsibility where possible
- Information gathering and monitoring
- Coaching skills
- Teamwork and collaboration
The post holder will be required to work 36.25 hours over a ten session week. The centres' work pattern may include working Sundays and public holidays as well as some evening work. A Time Owed in Lieu (TOIL) system is operating for hours worked over the 36.25 by arrangement with their line manager.
Please forward your CV via the APPLY button below.
Closing date: Friday December 8th 2017