JOB TITLE: H&S Officer (PT)
REPORTS TO: QSE Manager
Shift: Part-time (flexible)
To assist the QSE Manager by contributing to and implementing the H&S strategy to meet the Company’s business needs and deliver the organisational development plan.
- Maintain health and safety training records and training matrices, highlighting any training needs to ensure all operators are fully trained on machines, and processes.
- Review and update all site Health & Safety policies and procedures and ensure that rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Prepare health and safety documentation as required.
- Coordinate and/or deliver health and safety training as required.
- Ensure that any accidents are documented, investigated to find the root cause and recommendations of safety measures to prevent a reoccurrence are made and implemented.
- Review, coordinate and complete risk assessments/method statements across work areas and activities.
- Coordinate Health & Safety Committee meetings and become initial point of contact for all health and safety related queries.
- In conjunction with the QSE Manager, carry out safety inspections on facilities, machinery & safety equipment.
- Monitor the completion of health and safety actions.
- Coordinate the permit to work system, verifying that those authorised to issue are doing so as safely as possible.
- Coordinate and control all health and safety systems to ensure that the required daily, weekly, monthly and annual procedures are correctly implemented and on schedule.
- Liaise with management with regards to any health and safety related claims that come through.
- Follow health and safety instructions provided and safeguard your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your actions.
- Report KPIs and progress against organisational plan to QSE Manager weekly and provide management information on request.
Selection Criteria Description
Essential (E) or Desirable (D)
- Level 3 qualification in a Health and Safety related discipline (Cert or above), e.g. NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent(E)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a Health & Safety Officer with a proven track record of success in meeting challenging deadlines (E)
- Train the trainer or Training Delivery qualification (D)
- Previous experience of developing and delivering in-house training(E)
- Previous work experience gained within a manufacturing/production environment(D)
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety Law and its application in the workplace
Skills, abilities and other competencies
- Evidence of effective organisational, planning and time management skills with a proven track record of success in meeting challenging deadlines(E)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (E)
- Confident and approachable in dealing with people (E)
- Proactive and can-do approach (E)
- Uses initiative and experience and applies to work situations (E)
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills (E)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, Email, and PowerPoint.(E)
- Takes responsibility for actions/tasks and is passionate about the service delivered (E)
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV
Closing on Monday 30th March 2020.
Norbev is committed to the equality of opportunity in all aspects of its activities. This applies to job applicants, employees, volunteers and users of Norbev services. It is our policy to provide employment equality to all, irrespective of, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religious belief or political opinion, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, having or not having dependants, age, marital or civil partnership status or disability. We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination either directly or indirectly. All job applicants, employees and others who work for us will be treated fairly and will not be discriminated against on any of the above grounds.