MDE are currently seeking to recruit an Electrical Test & Inspection Engineer on a permanent basis.
MDE are an electricial contracting company based in Omagh, Co Tyrone and we are currently seeking to recruit an Electrical Test & Inspection Engineer on a permanent basis.
The job of an Electrical Test & Inspection Engineer involves the inspection and testing of commerical and industrial electrical installations to ensure compliance with BS7671.
The Test Engineer will ensure that a professional service is delivered in a safe and timely manner. The majority of time, this will be achieved in normal working hours, but there may be occasions when there is a requirement to work out of hour dependent on the type of installation and client access.
Salary: £20,000 to £30,000 (dependent on experience).
The role will involve the following:-
- Read, understand and scruntinise test documentation, programmes and drawings.
- Carrying out electrical periodic inspection and testing work.
- Working closely with the Qualifying Manager (QM).
- Completing minor remedial works if required.
- Work to given specifications, programmmes and drawings.
- Installation of cabling, containment, switchgear, lighting and power.
- Complete projects to determined deadlines.
- Experience of working on commercial and industrial projects.
- Comfortable working within a team and the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Experience undertaking fixed wire inspection testing and Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR).
- Undertake remedial or installation works, completing minor works and other certificates.
- Producing accurate reports and certificates to NICEIC standards.
- Good communication and reporting.
The candidate to be considered for this role needs to have the following experience and qualifications:-
- A recognised electrical testing and inspection qualification, City & Guilds 2391 or City & Guids 2377A.
- Proven ability to work in a safe manner in accordance with company policies and safety legislation.
- Have a dedication to keep up-to-date with current legislation and undertake any training as required.
- Have a full UK driving licence.
- Have at least 2 years' experience testing.
- Hold a 17th Edition Electrical qualification.
If interested, please apply.