Accounts Administrator – Maternity Cover 1 Year (with possibility of extension)
An opportunity has become available to fulfil an Accounts Administrator role within our busy office. Your role will be to manage Purchase Ledger functions and ensure compliance with statutory reporting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Matching and processing supplier invoices for payment
- Resolving supplier invoice and payment queries
- Maintaining supplier accounts within SAGE accounts function
- Setting up supplier accounts
- Processing BACS files and payment runs on our online bank system, as well as other tasks within the wider finance function.
- Proven numeracy and literacy skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office products, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word;
- A successful track record of excellent organisational, analytical, prioritisation and problem solving skills, e.g. able to establish a clear structure to your work to maximise the best use of your time, to manage competing priorities, and work proactively toward solutions.
- Ability to develop and build good working relationships with colleagues and suppliers to ensure the smooth running of an accounts function
- Ability to work well with colleagues as part of a multi discipline office team;
- Have an excellent and professional communication style and the ability to deal with a range of audiences
- A third level qualification in an accounts or business related discipline (e.g. this could be A-level, degree level, NVQ, diploma or similar);
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a busy finance function with Accounts Payable responsibility.
The key competencies required for the effective performance of the role are:
- Managing multiple tasks/situations
- Planning, prioritising, organising
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Flexibility/ Adaptability
- Relationship Management
- Salary up to £22,000 per annum;
- Small, friendly office environment;
- On-site parking
- Workplace Pension;
- Early finish on Friday;
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV.